Wednesday, January 30

WIAW: 24 Hour Bug

I'm joining the WIAW party again over at Jenn's!




Yesterday something came over me. I had horrible stomach and intestinal issues for the last part of the day. It was quite concerning, actually. Anyway, I woke up with similar feelings and decided to keep my meals a little toned down at first. By the end of the day, I felt fine! I don't know what it was, but after I ate lunch, the storm cleared and I had no more problems. Weird? Has anyone else had something like this? 

Ok, so here are my eats: 

Breakfast: 7:45 am
Like I said, I wasn't feeling great so I decided to keep it light and easily digestible  Oatmeal, banana and berries! Wowza! This ended up tasting so good! Simple combinations continue to surprise me! I put all of the fruit on the oatmeal and mixed it up. Oh and I added the smallest bit of Pumpkin Pie Spice to my oats. They were made with water as well. Maybe I should join the rest of the health bloggers out there and get back on the oatmeal train. (The bananas on campus have been really weird lately. They have a greenish hue and don't ever ripen to a yellow color. It's weird.)

Lunch: 10:15
Back from classes, I was pretty hungry. I wasn't sure what my stomach would handle but I decided to just go for it and eat something satisfying. A meal similar to breakfast sounded so good because I wanted something with a lot of water since for some reason I couldn't stomach drinking a gulp of water. 
I had a huge bowl of oatmeal, an even bigger bowl of berries (which by the way were to die for! Why are there such good berries here when it's winter?), a banana, and two huge spoonfuls of almond butter. I was worried the almond butter would be hard to digest (fats are more complicated to breakdown) but I decided I needed something more substantial then carbs and fruit (plus those extra few hundred calories). 

Dinner: 5:00
Yeah, it was quite a big gap from lunch to dinner. It was just one of those days. Luckily, I didn't get hungry until about 4:30. It was a miracle lunch- it healed my stomach/intestines and it held me over for nearly 7 hours! JEEZ!  So dinner was a lovely salad that contained spinach, corn, green beans, mushrooms, banana peppers, and lots of chickpeas. I also tried this black bean dip which was made of black beans and sweet potatoes! How interesting! I would have never thought of putting sweet potatoes in black bean dip. I also had a banana and a big ol' scoop of almond butter (unpictured). 


Kind of a boring and repetitive food day, but you gotta give your body what it wants! I think its funny that I had a banana with every meal :) Has anyone else ever done that?

Have an awesome Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hate weird stomach bugs. Hopefully you're able to eat some more normal foods tomorrow. Maybe you'll be ragin' like me if I don't eat enough one day and eat the whole room ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was weird, but luckily I got over it quick! I felt fine yesterday and today :)

      Delete
  2. Feel better! I live on oatmeal and bread when I'm sick, too. Your breakfast looks so good! Fresh berries are hard to beat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha yeah :) Oatmeal does wonders for a sick stomach!

      Delete