Friday, January 18

Beans and Salsa Lunch

Mmmm. I found a new combination. I had it yesterday for lunch and again today. 


Here was lunch:

About a cup of beans with salsa on top, 1/2 a grapefruit, and a big ol' spoonful of Pili Nut Butter

My mom got the nut butter for me at a chocolate trade show in Chicago. The pili nut is from South America-that's all I know about it. Anyway this nut butter is super super delicious! I don't know why it took me so long to open the jar and just give it a try. I didn't think that I wouldn't like it... I just never opened it. Anyway, super glad I tried it and super sad that the jar is so small ;) 

(You might ask why there are white blobs in the nut butter. That is fat that for some reason hardened... I think it was outside in the cold for a bit and the freezing temperature changed the texture of some of the fats- but I really have no clue. It still tastes awesome and provides a cool texture.)

After I ate that, I wanted something a little more munchy. 


I popped up some plain popcorn and had the rest of some gluten free crackers called Skinny Crisps. 

Overall, very delicious lunch! It filled me up quite nicely and it hit all the major food groups. 


No comments:

Post a Comment