Wednesday, February 6

Wiaw: New Combinations

I love finding new combinations of food! Mixing up my daily "Menu" always makes my day more fun! Do you agree? 
Get ready for another Wiaw!
Considering it is "Love Your Veggies Month" I probably could have squeezed a few more servings in my meals today. Oh well. Maybe next week!

Breakfast: 8:15
Pumpkin breakfast bowl! It has been my favorite breakfast lately. I talk about it more in this post. This one is topped with 1/2 C. Barbara's Brown Rice Crisps, 1 heaping Tbsp. of Golden Raisin, and 1 Tbsp. of chopped almonds. On the side are fresh berries. First great combination of the day: Brown Rice Crisps with white raisins and my pumpkin breakfast bowl. I had never used actual cereal to top my breakfast bowls before but the crunch was awesome! The raisins provided a nice chewy texture and subtle sweetness .


Lunch: 11:45
I had tofu and peas that had been cooked (in my Crock-Pot) in Trader Joe's Curry Simmer Sauce (I think that's what it's called). Second great combination! Very good! I highly recommend doing this. It is a easy meal that you can keep on hand. I went back for seconds, also.  Below is 1/3 of a banana topped with peanut butter, freeze dried banana, and a few chocolate chunks. I went back for the rest of the banana topped with more PB and freeze dried banana :) Third great combination! It is a wonderful to eat a PB banana with freeze dried banana. It provides some crunch!  I also had 1/2 an Ezekiel sprouted grain English muffin. 


Snack: 3:45
An orange! I forgot to take a picture of it before, but you guys get the gist :)


Dinner: 4:45
Super early dinner, right? I had quinoa over spinach topped with hummus. I went back for seconds on the spinach and hummus. This was the final great new combination of the day! I also had some TJ's Marcona Almonds with Rosemary. 


And with that, I wish you all a great Wednesday!


2 comments:

  1. What a delicious day of eats! Especially that lunch! I love the tofu/peas combo

    ReplyDelete