Sunday, January 20

New Goal: Don't Forget to Stretch!

My physical activity has gone down the last week- less than I'd like to admit.  Although, this little hiatus excites me to get back on my regular schedule this week. One thing I have realized is the importance of stretching. During my regular workouts, I try to dedicate at least 10 minutes of stretching. Honestly, I view stretching as extremely important. Of course with the obvious flexibility advantage, there is also the benefit of improved circulation, reducing stress (in the muscles which can help lead to overall reduced stress), and so much more. 

Ok, so on to my new goal. 

15 minutes of stretching before bed. 

No matter what my physical activity of the day, this is a small thing I can do to help my muscles. I think it will help me settle down at night and prepare for bed. Increased flexibility and improved circulation can't hurt either!

No comments:

Post a Comment